Thursday, November 19, 2009

Point To Ponder

I came across this quote today which is really pretty timely, in that I've spent the work week sure that everyone I come across has been placed here to cause me pain, irritation, or both.

“Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if he or she were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do so with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.” --Og Mandino

That's a tall order. I'd like a nice change. I could stand to go from feeling like this
to this
I may have to get that tattoed on the palm of my hand as a reminder because I am sure at the sound of a certain someone's voice I'd completely forget care, kindness, and understanding in one full swoop. Ugh, I've got work to do in the "being a better person" and "growing" departments.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope your day gets better!

Coco said...

I think I might write that quote up on my bathroom mirror.

Yesterday was a weird day for me and I was ugly to people that didn't deserve it.