Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Table Topic Tuesday (on Wednesday)

what's your most cherished recipe?

It should probably be something passed down but right now it's something that I've acquired recently thanks to Martha (Elizabeth Hill Cottage). Martha who I was fond of before she answered my call for a "sugary" frosting, but now I absolutley love!


Buttercream” Frosting

½ cup shortening
½ cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ to 1 teaspoon Wilton butter flavor
¼ to ½ teaspoon almond extract
4 cups confectioner’s sugar (use C&H- pure cane)
2 tablespoons milk

In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with mixer. Add vanilla, butter flavoring and almond extract. Add confectioner’s sugar 1 cup at a time beating well and scraping down sides of bowl; add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Re-whip before using.

This frosting is so good it'll make you want to slap your momma. I put it on cupcakes and it was even better after it set a day.

So what recipe do you cherish?

4 comments:

Coco said...

I cherish my pear cake recipe. A great yummy fall bundt cake that is delish.
And my spaghetti sauce recipe.

And my enchilada soup recipe.

I'm feeling like fall, can you tell?

Martha said...

Ha haaaa! "Slap your Mama"?? That is hilarious!

Glad you like it! My SIL's love Byerly's (You know Byerly's, right? Aren't you a former Minnesotan?) birthday cakes because of the frosting and this is the perfect imitation of their frosting.

Martha said...

I forgot to answer that question:
Right now I'd have to say Cutzi's refried beans recipe. http://moonwithaview.blogspot.com/

I'll post it on my blog. We always have it on hand and I'm about to make more today. It's healthy, tasty and super-easy. It makes a TON and we freeze some of it.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanx for this beautiful place of the Inet!!