Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Jon and Kate Plus 8 = SICK

Did anyone else watch this last night? Was it just me or did Kate seem to be playing it nicer? I typically don't watch the show. It only took a few episodes for me to realize I don't like Kate at all, and I was not a big Jon fan. Prior to word of the recent scandal I just thought Jon had been beat down, now I just think he's pathetic. I don't mean to belittle the pain the family is going through. What a terrible situation. Which one of the older girls is always pouting and stumping off? I hope Kate is putting aside some of the money and "love offerings" from her speaking job for the future therapy or bail the girl is going to need. Maybe it's time to get out of the public eye. Oh but that would mean the money would dry up and how could one possibly raise 8 kids with the money being produced by the show? I could hook you up with some very large Catholic families for some tips. Seriously, is this reality tv at it worst?

I love TLC's blurb of how the show has always been a show about a real family. Yeah because a live in Nanny, mega house, product placement and a butt load of stuff donated to you is REAL LIFE.

It's safe to say I can go back to not watching this American train wreck.
image: Handout, Karen Alquist/TLC

8 comments:

Kim said...

Ditto.

She makes me sick. She touts the whole thing as her "ministry". Spare me. Please.

kara battel said...

this broke my heart! i couldn't believe all the stuff that was coming out about them! i did like the show when it started... now, oh, i think that those kids are going to be soooo messed up from this!

kate was playing it nice and jon was a total wash of emotion! i never want any family to go through "bad times" but man oh man... some things you have to deal with in "private" if they could get back to that!

i loved the show when it was about eating organic, zoo trips, and buying half a cow... but now this!?! oh... really, i was saddend by last nights episode!

The Pink Chick said...

I totally agree! Jon and Kate last night made me sad and sick to my stomach! It seems to me like they really are not willing to even try to work things out. They are both too busy playing the victim.

Unknown said...

yes, you're right - I thought she was being nicer too, like she was trying to make him look worse. I'll just be interested to see what becomes of them...I hope these kids aren't messed up...

pebbles said...

yeah, i think that she was definitely yukkin' it up a little bit more last night.....a lot of laughter.....i suspect that she's going to try to get a "Kate plus 8 - 1" show going. I had been sickened by them since I found out about all the freebies, "donations," live-in chef and nannies....oh, and then TLC bought them a house with an attachment so the camera crew could live there. Who would exploit their kids like that???!! Okay, maybe it's $50,000/episode, but still.......poor little kids....

Rachel Berry said...

You hit the nail on the head with this post! I just watched their season 5 premiere last night & now I think I'm done with it.

Why I don't understand is why they don't put their marriage first? I have always believed first is God then your spouse & your children. Man this is not going to turn out well for them. Oh their poor kids....

Rachel Berry said...

That was supposed to be WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS...

That's what I get for typing with a toddler on my lap.....

:)Rachel

Martha said...

Oh man. I'm totally fixated on this. We had been watching the past seasons on Netflix. We don't have cable so won't be able to see it, but I think we all saw a portion of this coming, didn't we?

I just don't understand why they had to be so hush-hush about the whole thing...only to have things "leak". Maybe for ratings?

I agree with you about Maddy. That girl is gonna need a trust fund to bail her out of jail or buy herself some friends.