Sunday, November 21, 2010

Your Sunday Best

Is there such as thing as your Sunday best anymore? Do people still dress up for church? I'll admit that we Catholics are very relaxed in our church dress. Jeans seem to be the norm. When did we get so relaxed? I know I am guilty of it. Some would say that your attendance is more important than what you wear. But when you see a grown woman walk into mass wearing track pants and hoodie you have to wonder if we've crossed a line. I think it's time I started to make more of an effort in my Sunday best.

Do you dress up on Sunday to go to Church?

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

I am Presbyterian and it drives me CRAZY to see how casually people dress in church these days. I make my boys dress up every Sunday. I just think people can make the effort to dress decent at church. That's my opinion and I am sticking to it! :)

Martha said...

Ummmm....we go to the church of Saint Mattress, so......

teresa-bug said...

My church is super casual...in fact the minister was even wearing jeans on Sunday.
While I agree that I sort of miss the days of dressing up for church, I also think God just wants us at church and it doesn't matter what we wear as long as our hearts are where they should be.