Friday, November 5, 2010

That Time of Year

Like clockwork, I start shopping the second week of November, and spending too much. Seems normal with Christmas around the corner. But what spurs this spree is my birthday. It's next weekend.

I am a firm believer in doing my own birthday shopping. I always get what I want and there's no need to write thank you notes. However this year I wanted to keep it to a minimum especially since extra money seems to be hard to come by these days. So when I made plans with a co-worker to hit up the AmericasMart for some Christmas present shopping I was a bit concerned because I am like a kid in a silver store there. Seriously, silver jewelry galore. Monogrammable. I get getty just thinking about it.

But I remained fairly controlled and only walked out with this for me The charm behind the "A" says Fowler and I couldn't decide if that was gay or not because I know people often put their kids names or something inspirational. But Lolly's really name wouldn't fit and heck she's 14. My mommy jewelry days are behind me. Plus I think Mister finds it comforting when ever I have our last name or monogram put on something. It's like a sign that I haven't changed my mind about him.

The chain, 2 charms, the engraving, and the pearl came in at about $35. I thought that was pretty darn good. Especially if you don't know about the clothes I ordered from Boden shortly before getting up from my desk to head to the mart...

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Love the necklace Ann! Hope you are doing well.

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Yep...that is a great looking necklace!

Martha said...

Not sure exactly when it is, but Happy Birthday! I agree...you know you'll love your gift if you buy it yourself :)