Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I Have No Game

You may or may not be aware of the hype that is today 9-9-09. The long awaited release of the Beatles Rock Band. At the House of Fowler we have no xbox, no wii, no gaming systems at all and no plans to acquire one. Gasp, I know. Still today is exciting for me, it's also the release of remastered Beatles box set which I probably won't purchase either. Call me old school but I think I'll just acquire the cd's one by one. I believe at one time or another I had possession of the complete set or almost complete set but lost it in the divorce. The only one thing I am bitter about, but only when I hear something from the White Album and think dang I use to have that.

I love all the Beatles hype that is happening right now and will probably happen for the next little while. I love the Beatles. I didn't grow up listening to them. I was raised in a Motown household. I guess to be accurate I loved John Lennon way before the Beatles. My Beatles love grew in college when I took The History of the Beatles as an elective. It's been love ever since and they have been woven to my life.

Some Ann Beatle facts
  • I toyed with the idea of naming Lolly, Prudence after the song Dear Prudence but thought better. Her real name suits her much better. Had she been a boy, I thought of naming her Lennon but decided everyone would shorten that to Lenny and I couldn't have that so I decided on Thomas after my dad
  • Lolly's dad's lullaby of choice was Mean Mr. Mustard
  • From an early age Lolly has been quizzed on who's singing lead whenever we hear a Beatles song on the radio
  • I have an ever growing collection of Beatles books
  • I cry every time I watch Imagine
  • I do not have a favorite Beatle's song because it changes all the time
  • I plan to take my own Beatles tour of England some day, which will bore Mister since he thinks the greatest band that ever was is The Allman Brothers, poor misguided fool
  • My favorite Beatle is John Lennon, followed by George Harrison, then a tie for 3rd between Ringo and Paul
  • Lolly's Dad's favorite Beatle is Paul, concidence that we divorced? Perhaps not.
Do you have a favorite Beatle or Beatles song?

2 comments:

ursula said...

HUGE Beatles fan here! And I've introduced my two little sons to Beatles as babies. And yes, it's stuck. They play "band" and have disputes over who is John or Paul.
I took the Beatles tour when I was over in London, and the tour guide noticed that I was a little more rabid than the other tourists, so he took me to stake out (stalk?) Paul's house. I was young, what can I say? Nice to see another Beatle nut.

Anonymous said...

Hello from Russia!
Can I quote a post "No teme" in your blog with the link to you?