Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ground Hog Day

On Ground Hog Day I can never remember do we want the ground hog to see his shadow or not. What I do remember is my Great Grandma because Feb 2nd is/was her birthday.

I spent may days and nights with my great grandma growing up.

I remember picking lilacs and lilly's of valley in her yard

I remember playing dress up in her formals and costume jewelry

I remember eating burnt toast and drinking hot chocolate in her tiny kitchen

I remember the countless trips to the zoo and the park

I remember how she crocheted a baby blanket for my future baby before I even cared about babies or marriage because she knew that time would come after her.

But most of all I remember how much I miss her and how truly blessed I was to have her as my great grandma.