Sunday, February 20, 2011

Book Report


For Jan I had planned to read Social Nation by Barry Libert for development (because I told the agent I would read it and wirte a review) and Sliding into Home by Kendra Wilkinson.


Well I did read Social Nation. It was a quick read and easy to digest. Of course if you are reading this you already understand social media and how powerful the connection can be whether its personal or business. But lots of businesses don't get it. This a good book for them. The premise of the book is how to attract customers, motivate employees, and grow your business. I am handing it to my boss tomorrow as he has not embraced social media himself yet and while we talk about at work I don't believe he understands the power behind it. (Which really pisses me off because he cited an example of someone using LinkedIn to recruit for a position, as if it wasn't something I wouldn't think to do. To which I had to educate him that nobody in our department knew what LinkedIn was until I walked into the door over 3 yrs ago ~ ok so I am still a little bitter about the recent goings on at work) Anyways I think he'll find it enlighting.

I just couldn't bring myself to read Sliding into Home. Fail.

As to make up for falling short of my 2 book goal for January, I have already finished two books this month and am a good way into a 3rd.
So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore, Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure, and The Rhythm of Life by Matthew Kelly. With all this "self help" reading this month, I have a good feeling I am going to March as an improved version of myself.

1 comment:

Scientific Housewife said...

That's great that you've been reading books like that. I have been mowing through them lately :)