Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

I love the start of a new year. 365 days of possibilities. A new start. It's so exciting. I have given much thought to my 2009 goals. This year I am going to keep it simple. I am only going to focus on two areas, at least to start. Weight and Finances. I know, how cliche. But these are the two areas that need the most attention.

1) Weight - lose 20 pounds. I'd be happy with 10 pounds but I have a whole year, why not aim high. It's time to get super serious. It only gets worse each year. If I don't turn things around now I am facing the remainder of days as a short frumpy woman.
2) Finances - Absolutely no charging. I made a decision to start 2009 free of Christmas credit card debt and I made it. Now I just have to continue down that road. I am not one to keep a big balance on my credit cards but I have a tendency to use them on the premise that I will pay it off when the bill comes and some times I do and some times I don't. The key thing this will do is make me stick to my budget. I won't be able to fall back on my credit cards when I get a little slack on budgeting.

So that's it in a nutshell. Time to go open my small bottle of bubbly and call it a night. It's been along time since the House of Fowler has really rang in a New Year. Mister calls it Amateur Night and I need to wake up feeling good to start the year right...