Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Getting a jump on things.

I love the end of the year. I get so excited about the beginning of a new year and all the possibilities. I am amazed at how much things can change in a year's time. That's not to say that all my years are full of excitement and life changing events. Some are rather forgetable but there are others that are nothing short of amazing. Normally this excitement hits in December but this year it's hit early. Tomorrow is my birthday, the start of a new year, so it's had me thinking "what do I want to accomplish in the year 42 to 43"? I will admit I have been "stuck" recently. While I love my company, I am overwhelming bored most days at work. Knowing I've done "more" in past positions at past companies, I feel that I am not living up to my potential, that my talents are not being used, and more importantly I am operating from a comfort zone and not learning anything new. My fitness goals have lagged, gaining and losing the same 3-4 pounds, the house always seems a mess. I could go on but I am sure you get the picture. Dang, I am bringing myself down. Haha.

Any how, I am treating myself to a few days off from work starting tomorrow afternoon. My plan is to take a look at the next year and decide where to I want to be on my birthday in 2009 and develop a plan. I plan to get organized at home and come back to work refreshed and re-focused.

Because I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, I stumbled across this website this morning.http://zenhabits.net/ There's some really good articles on motivation and lots of other great posts I can't wait to read that could help move out of my many slumps and on to one of those life changing years...

No comments: