Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wells Fargo Sucks

I received a letter today from my bank indicating that I would be charged a $3 Debit Card Activity fee each month when I make a payment or purchase using the card tied to a specific account. Problem is my debit card is tied to two accounts. I rarely have activity on said account while the other is very active. So in trying to determine if I need to consolidate, will the $3 charge actually be a big deal, etc. So I decide to call customer service for clarifcation. This is where the suck part comes in.



So I go through all the prompts, cause gasp if you want something that's not automated. I get the prompt that they are connecting me to a personal banker, and what am I greeted by "Due to high volume of calls, please call back tomorrow" and then it HANGS UP on me.

Hey, Wells Fargo didn't your momma every teach it was rude to hang up on people? Well it is. Let me teach you a little business lesson. It goes like this...If you send out a mass mailing regarding a new fee that's going to be incurred by account holders, well then it's probably a good idea for you to staff your call center with enough Customer Service people/personal bankers to handle the volume. I don't mind waiting in a que until someone's available to answer my question, but I do mind being hung up on.


Come to think of it, tomorrow works well for me. Perhaps, I'll forgo the call back and possibly just visit a branch and put an end to our relationship. You being so busy and all.


1 comment:

Scientific Housewife said...

I got the same letter and I knew it was only a matter of time since the Feds are cracking down on banks.