Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Shred Review

"Lose Up to 20lbs in 30 Days". That's what the box says. I didn't even come close. Maybe 1lb depending on the mood of the scale. 1 spent 10 days at Level 1, 10 days at Level 2, and 3 days at Level 3.

Each workout consists of 3 intervals containing 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs.

I had heard terrible stories of the pain Jillian inflects through the Shred. I expected it to be a little tough since I hadn't worked out since I became an injured runner in October but I am tough.  I've trained with tough trainers before. All I can say is I didn't know 3 minutes could last so long. Pain. 3 minutes of pain. Seriously an hour after the first workout sI till thought I was going to throw up.

I really felt like I should have seen more progress because I worked out hard for 30 days. I did see a little improvement in my biceps. My eating wasn't great but it wasn't bad. I am working on cleaning out what little processed food is left in my diet, kicking the diet pop again, and cutting back/out caffeine, and eliminating sugar. Maybe the next 30 day rotation will see better results. Call me crazy but I think I am going to do another 30 days.

2 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

~Wow! That is a ton of weight that they promise people will lose.

You can do it Ann! Whatever your weight goals goals may be I hope you succeed.

Thank you so much for your kind words about my story. You're the best sweet friend. ~Melissa :)

Coco said...

I have been so curious about this. I did boot camp for 8 weeks, hard core boot camp and didn't see the results. But if I run and do Pilates, I see the results that I want.

I think some bodies react differently to the exercises. Or that is my story and I am sticking to it.