Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Was Tagged

I've been tagged by Coco at Coco's Cuckoo World to tell 10 things about myself that you may not know. But before I start my list. I want to talk about Coco. She's fabulous and funny. She has two of the cutest kids ever. If you visit her blog you're bound to become a regular. Her son, Bram is so funny he should have his own tv show.

Ok on with my list...
  1. When I was young I wanted 8 kids until I was clued in on the birthing process. Then I wanted zero. I grew up thinking I wouldn't have kids and wasn't really a big fan of kids. Funny since I went on to manage a Gap Kids store, teacher Sunday school to 4yr olds, and have my own daughter. (who I wanted the minute I found out about her)
  2. I was raised in a Postal family. I have at least 11 family members who worked for the Post Office.
  3. One summer during college, I delivered mail. Old school style, on foot.
  4. I love to travel by myself. Prior to Mister I used to travel quite a bit. My favorite place to go was New Orleans and I'd go several times a year. I love theFrench Quarter and it's provided me many, many memorable stories.
  5. Mister and I have been to New Orleans once, to celebrate my birthday. The trip is remembered more for Mister's unfortunate incarceration rather than my birthday celebration.
  6. I came into the world as a Chavez . I like to think that is why I am always one conversation away from a revolt, demonstration, or boycott of practices, policies, or the school of thought of corporate America. Thank goodness I currently work for great company so my battles are pretty small scale.
  7. My family reality was altered about three years ago when I was re-introduced to my biological father and met two half brothers.
  8. If I was president the first thing I would change is the ability to tack on unrelated issues on to a bill to get things passed. Totally sketchy. Also I'd increase teacher's salaries so that their compensation was in line with the importance of their jobs. I'd also get rid of the teachers who are just phoning it in.
  9. I grew up labeled the smart one, and my sister the pretty one. No harm meant but it messed both us up. I have made it a point to make sure Lolly know she's smart and beautiful inside and out.
  10. I graudated with a degree in Apparel Merchandising. My dad still thinks I am joking.

No comments: