Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Black is black

Although I disagree with the Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving. I do understand the joy the holiday season brings. That's my guess as to why in the last year or so everyone seems to need to get a jump on the holiday season. I am hoping it's the joy and happiness and not that everyone seems stressed and lacking time.


Times are hard. I know I am thinking twice about my decisions before I part with my money. Especially when it comes to spending for Lolly. Will this be something she'll really use? Something she really wants? Or is it something I just think is cute, good buy, etc. but will one day soon be boxing up for Goodwill? I am thinking twice. I plan to be more thought out about what I purchase.


It makes me wonder, do we really need to start our Christmas shopping on Thanksgiving night? Will the retailers really be making more money? Or will they just be paying more overhead for the same amount of sales they would have made with the normal Black Friday openings?


Are you planning on spending more, the same, or less than last year on your Christmas shopping?


1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm probably spending a little less, but my kids are big (and they're sucking us dry!) I plan on only shopping online. I've made my last visit to the mall this season. Any coupons, etc. you get in the paper can be used online, you don't have to dig for sizes, park, deal with traffic and annoying people....so what's not to like about that?